18.11.07

Paul McCartney revisited...

I seems that I have chosen, for various reasons, to associate my feelings for Teresa with Paul McCarney's music. From the fact that my best friend is Matt (The MDG [themdg.org]) LOVES his music and listens to him as often as he does, McCartney's music is already familiar to me.

I gave already singled-out a few of his songs as being my favorite songs (when it comes to "being in love" with a person [and not necessarily the songs that you would have most likely chosen: "Silly Love Songs", etc.]), but now it seems weird to have a singer/songwriter that I've always-been-familiar-with remind me so quickly and thoroughly about a girl that I have only just met less than one year ago...

The songs now both remind me of her when I hear them, but as I'm reminded of her from something else (like maybe a memory or I hear her name or I hear of a movie that she loves...), the thought of her is accompanied by Mr. Paul McCartney in my mind.

Funny... Funny how the same thing took lace with John Lennon and Stephanie back in High School. Now, I am not condemning anyone but Stephanie to the-pit-of-despair-called-DIVORCE but simply pointing out this fact that the same phenomenon happened with her... It's even funnier that my best friend's practically got McCartney in his basement because he loves him so much and is undoubtedly HIS BIGGEST FAN EVER!!!

I don't know...

I don't want to read things into my-so-called-love-life based on the Beatles and its break-off artists... While I'm not reading things into that relationship though, let me remind you that 1- John Lennon is dead (as well as my relationship with Stephanie: dead) and 2-McCartney is still alive and well and still making terrific music as we speak (just have Matt go in his basement and see when Paul's next album will be released... OK, only kidding about that whole basement thing... I think!).

Also, Matt is now my best friend (still) and has been the only person outside of my immediate family who has "stuck-with-me-through-it-all".

Maybe Paul McCartney just makes me think of "loyalty" -- He stayed with Linda til her untimely death. Am I simply attracted to that feeling of LOYALTY or does McCartney really NOT play a major role in all of this?

JPS

1 comment:

Matt said...

For the record, I do (actually) have Paul McCartney in my basement. He'll release another album when _I_ decide . :)

I think it's easy and healthy to connect 2 things that you are currently interested in. Your favorite music + your girl? Natural.

You might want to get an edited version of High Fidelity with John Cusak. An excellent movie with ties to this very thing. One of my favorites.