8.11.07

What to do... What to say...


I've noticed that the only thing that I can count on getting me all fired up and "ready to go" is the Gospel; talking about the Gospel, discussing different parts of the Gospel, and answering different people's (even MY own...) questions about Truth.

Even when it comes right down to it... I enjoy and love talking to people (hey... that's what I've chosen to do for a job right now and plan on getting an advanced degree so that I can, yes you guessed it, TALK to kids/students about life and school). However, my desire to talk to people for an extended amount of time depends on how much we can talk about the Truth's of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

When I say, "Truth", I am not limiting that to just church-talk. Truth can be found all over the place and depending on how you are talking about whatever, it could be talking about the Truths of Jesus Christ. You see... Everything testifies of Christ and almost anything can be talking about a Truth.

Some things, though, are automatically going to be talking about Truth; like talking to my son, Addison, or talking/writing to Teresa Lynne Monroe, simply because when I'm talking/writing to them or thinking about them, I necessarily MUST admit and even declare the Truths of the Gospel. "Families are Forever" or "I do not care how fast you run in the path of virtue" -Joseph Smith Jr. (in that order, respectively!).

Am I ashamed? NO!!! Should I be? NO!!! Should you be for asking? That's up to you to determine...

JPS

1 comment:

Matt said...

Brigham young said something about being willing to embrace truth wherever it was found. (Brigham Young: American Moses, Knopf, 1985, p. 27.) I think members of the LDS Church disregard so many good things because they're not given directly from a church leader. They see other church as "Not True." and wrap every teaching of that Church into this statement. One example: Grace. Many Mormons completely misunderstand Grace, and it's because other churches preach it so much. Mormons put in the category of "Not True." Good comments about Truth. It's all around us.