12.11.07

Insrance and insurability...

I've had some stuggles enrolling for insurance over the past few years. Two years ago, I had a little "misshap" with my insurance where my wife, my son, and I weren't enrolled at all in any insurance plan (EXPENSIVE medications that year! Let me tell you...), and luckily I had already filled up my "get-into-a-serious-accident-card" and we were blessed to not have any serious damage. Oh wait, that's right... Addison, my little boy, had to have his tonsils and his adoids removed that year.

From then on I've double and sometimes triple (or even quintiple) checked to make sure that both I and my son were insured.

This year I'm raising or increasing my Life Insurance to 5 times my salary instead of just 3 times. Not that I plan on losing my life anytime in the not-to-distant-future, but "better safe than sorry...". And I'm not worried about what happens to me when I die, but just want to ensure that Addison is well taken care of.

As Stephanie-my-ex-wife would feel forced to say, "Knock-on-wood!" for having even written this post... Oh well, "it's good to face your fears..."

JPS

No comments: