28.11.07

Presents and Gifts...

Today all but (1) book and (1) gift-card arrived at my door (and were promptly whisked down to my room and plopped on my bed, courteous Brenda Joy Stott [a.k.a. MOM]) in plenty of time to hand out for Christmas (no, I didn't forget that I could have written Xmas and it would have carried the same weight...).

You really don't have any reason to be excited for this seemingly large accomplishment, because almost all of my Christmas shopping, so far, has been done online and most of my presents are the same thing...

I've got a whopper of a good present though for my best friend. He could know what it is already, I mean... I wouldn't be surprised if he did know what it is. Both that I got Teresa a Xmas present (that is one of those many-of-the-same-gifts-presents, but it just so happens to be something that I've planned on getting for her since about April of this year).

I guess I'm not so much proud of myself for having my shopping done (and it's not even December yet...) as I am feeling the weight lifted from my neck/head for accomplishing my first Christmas present giving, by myself, since I've been home from my mission (every Xmas shopping I've done since I've been home from my mission was with Stephanie and she did most of the purchasing/buying and we just "both" gave them away...).

So then... What is my point? Well, if you'll read back a few posts you'll be at my post on "giving-instead-of-getting" and you'll see why I'm so happy to be all ready to give away those special gifts that I've hand-selected for each person on my nice list ***that reminds me that I need to watch ELF soon!!!***.

JPS

No comments: