15.11.07

Gift or fruitless temptation?

Today I was messing around with my phone and called the girl that I am interested in, who happens to be on a mission right now (and NO, she isn't returning the letters that I am writing to her... But, I don't mind that really... at all...) and her sister answered the phone.

I completely didn't think someone would answer the phone, yet there was this girls voice on the other end. Initially I thought, "Teresa Lynne?" (and I had a sudden shudder of fear and disappointment and excitement to talk to her again) but she,the sister that I was talking to, gave me some great information about the Geneva Switzerland Mission (French Speaking) and about her sister's mission.

The reason that I named this post "gift or fruitless temptation" is because (1) it was really great to talk to a person that had 1st-hand knowledge of how things were going and (2) it was fun to hear someone on the other end of that number again but (3) it DID get me all excited over something that may end up amounting up to pain and suffering as I've "stirred the pot" (I'm not sure if that's a real idiaomatic phrase, but shouldn't it be one?) and potentially hurt something that was going fine (though also traveling BLIND).

What I mean by that is: Even though I wasn't receiving any feedback at all from my french-speaking-missionary-friend, NOW that I've altered that pathway, I'm not as sure that things will go ahead as would if I kept my simple straightforward plan (of writing to her for her whole mission and letting things play-out as they would...).

Then again, I think that this post is more of a fruitless temptation to doubt myself to oblivion than the possibility of this event having any lasting negative consequences.

I just had a vision of Harold Crick (from "Stranger than Fiction") telling Professor Jules Hilbert (played by Dustin Hoffman) that he had Ana Pascal's (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal) love confirmed to him the night before by "the voice".

I simply can't doubt my choices for love.

JPS

No comments: