9.11.07

Karate et al.

Back when my son, Addison (no, my name is NOT Adam, which is what his name means, literally. That is, unless you want to consider that 1- I am a man born here on the earth, 2- I often speak with God [hey... prayers count!], 3- every man is like Adam, as he is the offspring of God the Father and is in his express image [no, he is NOT the same as "the only begotten"] physically, and 4- we are asked to think of ourselves as Adam and Eve respectively when we go to the temple and make covenants)...

So, Addison, then... (Who brought me off point then?) is now living in California with his mom. About 3 years ago I was driving down the street and had seen a bunch of Karate "Dojos" pop up, as they constantly tend to wax and wain in popularity, and I promised myself that my son WOULD be able to take Karate if he wanted to (as I know that I did growing up...).

My point then: he is enrolled in Karate class. Kajukempo to be precise. He'll be attending Kajukempo class in California and will be going to Karate class with his dear old dad, Adam... Er, wait, I mean Josh, when he's with me here in Utah.

I love that he loves going to karate and hope that nothing ever gets in his way of taking classes and therefore, in his enjoyment of Karate.

JPS

1 comment:

Matt said...

It's funny that kids love Karate. Maybe they crave discipline. I took a Karate class at the PG Rec. when I was a kid, and furthered my knowledge of the Martial Arts by studying Clouseau films. Do not sneak up on me in my own house. You have been warned.

Nice edit of the ending J.