16.10.07

Science!

Just shout it out one time... Now you're Thomas Dolby. Ok, you don't have to be, really, if you don't want to be.

Tonight, I met with 2 other PSY 3400 classmates to discuss chapter 8 in our class (eating disorders and sleeping disorders mostly). Mostly though, Reece (a pre-medical degree of some sorts-I think he called it a PA [physicians assistant] student) we talked about scienve vs. truth. At another study-group I once told him that I "hate" psychology and said that since I studied Philosophy, I'd learned that psychology is kind of the "anti-philosophy" (which is kind of ironic and funny, because the kind of philosophy I love most is called by Dr. C. Terry Warner: The Philosophy of Psychology).

So, he was talking about how all of science is just theory (hey, if Biology is the hardest science [and I think maybe Physics is?] and its most fundamental theory is the "theory of Evolution", then how much 'TRUTH' is there to SCIENCE?). My whole point was that Philosophy's "goal [is] the discovery, understanding, and living of certain truths (specifically, not the same truths that you'd seach for if you're a scientist, phychologist, anthropologist, etc.). Like what? Ethics, Metaphysics, Logic, Reason, etc." (Stott 2001).

The simple truth is, though, that the only TRUTH out there to be found/embraced/followed is Jesus Christ.

So, Reece and all who haven't found the WAY to follow, click on one of these links above! Just kidding Reece, I'm sure you were only talking about that because you were telling me about school AND we were inside of a state owned and run college. We can't all go to BYU.

Does that sound snobby? Simply post a response to this piece then...

JPS

1 comment:

Matt said...

I still can't believe you knew that guys name.