29.5.08

Cause when we kiss, you're the perfect stranger?

Listening to my CD of General Public, this line makes me wonder what he meant...

Is it more appealing to kiss someone that you don't know? When he goes out looking to meet a girl/woman does he intentionally pass right by any girl that he already knows, just so that he will have the chance to kiss someone that he doesn't know at all? More importantly, is he claiming that maybe he wants that girl to forget about him as soon as they kiss (because he is planning to do just the exact same thing...)?

It seems to me that this thinking is completely backwards!

I'm not sure why you would ever kiss a person unless you had some sort of idea that this was going to be a person that you would want to kiss again (possibly over and over...) and that she was not going to be a person that you had absolutely no idea as to whether or not you had so much in common with that person, and more importantly, that you weren't just going to run out a find another kissable stranger...

Now that's my thinking.

That wasn't always my thinking though... because in High School I'm afraid that I was somewhere in the middle of these two pseudo-philosophies: Find a girl that I wanted to kiss (stranger or not) and kiss her with the intent that the kissing would last for a long while!

At the end of the song, though, he says, "Don't ever you go to far away from me girl!" Implying that he has changed his mind (was that before or after the kiss? I personally think that he has just changed his mind because the kiss was very pleasing...), but nevertheless, Mr. Public looks like he might not be as promiscuous as we (or was it just I were/was thinking?).

Don't ever you go!!!

JPS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.