30.7.08

Three women who LOVE their men...

I've been thinking about this subject for a while (years actually...) and just have recently read 3 blogsites where the writer was a woman, and she consistently pays great homage or tribute to their husband or man-in-their-life.

I think that this is such a great thing because:

1- No relationship is going to grow and flourish with only half of the couple doing their utmost to keep the love alive in their relationship... Admittedly, I have always think of the man needing to make sure that this "flame" still burns bright, but it seems that I am wrong and it amazes me to see the woman taking up this role with ease!!!

2- The woman tends to know what things are going on in both of their lives and is a natural coordinator to help their marriage/relationship remain in harmony... Both with both of their hectic schedules and their friends and their families and all that is involved in keeping those-things-that-are-keeping-them-together going!

and 3- Women tend to be more sensitive and know perfectly the likes/dislikes, loves and bothersome things (fastidiousities?) at the forefront of their minds and along with their harmonious qualities, can make sure that love flourishes in that relationship...

HEY MEN!!! Wake-up and pay attention to the love that is burning and kept aflame because of mostly what your significant companion (speaking only about women, mind you! Please refer to The Proclamation to the World to understand more fully!) is doing... Then, put your new resolve to action and "step it up"!!!

As to the three women I mentioned at the beginning of this blog are Kristen Harris, Stephanie Stott, and Jinjer Donaldson... Dave, Tom, and Peter are the lucky men (respectively)!

(I in no-way am saying that YOU do not love your man or that this precludes any men from being that great amarist (lover) in their own relationship, this "blog" was just specifically paying tribute to that great feminine love...)

JPS

4 comments:

Kristen said...

THANK YOU Josh! That was a nice tribute! I hope Dave will keep listening to you! I am going to throw a kink though and disagree on one matter! I DO Believe that one persons entire love and effort is ENOUGH to make a marriage last and work. Sound crazy? I have seen this in other relationships around me. I do believe my parents are still married to this day because of my mom's constant desire to better the relationship. Continually forgiving, not judging and Loving even when it was HARD. They have an amazing relationship and it is just recently that my father has come to realize how Incredible my mom is! I DO AGREE that the MEN NEED TO STEP IT UP!!!

JPS said...

Kristen, I know what you mean and agree that sometimes just one person of the two and their effort to make things work CAN be enough...

I just happen to know, by personal experience, that just one of the two whose effort is-to-make-the-marriage-work isn't always enough!

I hate to throw in the "revelation from God card" (because it is essentially bearing your testimony, and what can you say to that? "Nuh-uh, I it's not like that"?

The point is, sometimes even if it's the total opposite of everything that you have worked for (for almost 10 years?), sometimes God steps-in and tells you that no matter how hard you(I) try, things aren't going to work out the way that you(I) want them to...

Does that make sense? ... I hope so!

JPS

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree. There are relationships with others(not my spouse)that I wish were different. However because of their agency they choose not to respond back to me with kindness. It hurts, I know!

Jinjer said...

Thanks Josh. That was a nice post. I do think that it takes two to make a marriage work, but only one to make it not work. Here's to all of us trying our best!