22.6.08

Being ONE...

I have written about how God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Ghost are 3 persons, yet one God in Groupings of 3, three, and tri-groupings..., but now I want to discuss what that unity can mean to each of us...

In 3rd Nephi chapter 19, verse 23 we read, "And now Father, I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one."

In Hangin' out with 'the Squirt"... my son and I are moving towards "oneness" as we not only share slmost the same genetic makeup, but think alike in most ways, and want to always be with each other! Isn't that the way that "being one" should be like? Shouldn't you not only love that other person, but try to be with them and like them in whatever way that you can?

In To Write... I try to become "one" with the reader as I write! I not only try to write in such a way that we will both understand and be edified as we think about the same subject, but if both he or she and I put into practice those same things that I have just written about, we will be even closer to "being one"!

In Finn's scripture of the day I tried to make (kind of like in "to write") 4 parties one: the reader, myself, the original author, and God himself! All of our thoughts were "at one"... I hope that doesn't sound to full-of-myself, but that's just the way it has turned out!

And in In need of recovery or respite (from beds?), I am waiting for to meet (which in NO way excludes those that I have already met...) the woman who will become one with me!

Those are just some recent posts that share in my "oneness-of-thought/mind" thinking and desire. The best part of it all is... that I know that as long as I keep my thoughts on the same thinking as God's or of Paul's, I will never go wrong in seeking for that final and ultimate ONENESS!!!

JPS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like the post. Looking forward to Sunday. Give me a call.