7.6.08

True love postponed...

Is that even possible?

Let's think about this for a minute... Shall we talk about "true love"? I believe (and I think that the writers of "The Princess Bride" would agree with me...) that in order for you to have "TRUE" love, it does require that both parties are in love with each other. In other words, it cannot be unrequited love; it can't be that you desperately love another person but that they don't share those same feelings!

Now, let's move on to discuss "LOVE" and see what we can discover about that word, in relation to "true"...

A wise man once told me specifically that in order to realize my potential (eternal), that I would need to learn to communicate well with my chosen future-wife and that we I would need to learn to understand and be understood by that wonderful woman.

In order to be true, like Christ is true at all times and in all circumstances and places, you must let the Spirit of God be with you. It will always be with you; if you will let it. One of the ways that you have to let the Spirit know that you want it to always be with you (besides partaking of the sacrament weekly) is to follow a scripture and council found in the Old Testament: Numbers 23:12 - "Must I not take heed to speak the words which the Lord has put in my mouth?"

Let us not forget to consult with the prophets of God, as well, as President Gordon B. Hinkley has reminded us that, "True Love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one's companion."

So, to answer my original question, YES, it is possible for "true love", for me, to be postponed. Just another lesson in patience! I will never be tired of learning that lesson, and by so doing, I am learning the lesson of "long-suffering".

For me, my quest to find "true love" will necessarily be accompanied by a quest to be long-suffering... Thus, all things will become one!

JPS

1 comment:

becausethesunrises said...

Hey Josh, I admire your words on love. Can I copy your post to my blog.
http://becausethesunrises.blogspot.com/
I will not change it and I will give you all credit. Just thought my kids your age might like it.