25.10.08

Return of "The Spanish Prisoner"...

Like I have said: I didn't discount inspiration or possibly a burning bush or even a dream or vision, but, I believe that my last love interest basically wrote me that a "Dear Josh" because of The Spanish Prisoner, but it seems that Cami had "hit-the-nail-on-the-head" when she commented that, "Maybe it is a personality test to find out if you are compatible." It seems that watching that movie was my secret-compatibility-test and it most definitely "weeded-out" an incompatible love candidate!

I have since found (re-found? We had actually gone-out a few times in High School...) a completely compatible love interest that actually owns the movie in question!

I am completely, head-over-heels in love with her (she is who I have at other times referred to #105 and the topic of that "potential energy" that I have been referring to...)!

So, thanks Cami--you were right!--and thank you David Mamet for both writing and directing that movie (we'll do lunch sometime; have your people call my people...)!

She had declared a poem by Carl Sandburg, as her poet-of-the-month for October and poated:

"HAPPINESS"

      I asked professors who teach the meaning of life to tell
      me what is happiness.
      And I went to famous executives who boss the work of
      thousands of men.
      They all shook their heads and gave me a smile as though
      I was trying to fool with them.
      And then one Sunday afternoon I wandered out along
      the Desplaines river
      And I saw a crowd of Hungarians under the trees with
      their women and children and a keg of beer and an
      accordion.

I am happy though I have never consumed malt liquor (or any liquor, for that matter...) nor played an accordian...!!! Thanks Jill...

JPS

3 comments:

Cami said...

Hey! Happy to help. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Sweetness!

We can do hard things! said...

The Spanish Prisoner...wow its been a while! Jeff also used that test on me!!! :-) What is it with all of you guys and that movie? No, it really is a good one...makes me want to rent it. I am so happy that you have found someone to share your life with. You deserve all the happiness that is coming your way! Let us know about all of the "haps"...we would love to be there if at all possible! Congrats!!!