4.8.08

"But we heeded them not..."

Peer pressure is something that I haven't worried about since I was in high school, but as a father, I can't not be worried about the choices that my son will make in life. I know that he will have the influence of his dad and his mom and the influences of all of his grandparents, but he's going to also have the influence of friends: some good and some-not-so good!

I pray for him each and every day and night and ask that he be able to glean those truths that are spoken all about him and taught directly too him, that he may become wise in his own decision making...

The title of this blog is from the first Book of Nephi chapter 8; it reads in versus 33-34 that, "... and after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also; but we heeded them not. These are the words of my father: For as many as heeded them, had fallen away."

I know that he will have PLNT of chances and opportunities to be laughed at and teased and even ridiculed because of the choices he will make, but I pray that in the end he will have not heeded those words and he will NOT have fallen away. I know that he can be strong and he will glean those life-saving truths that will help him along the path to reach me waiting for him at the Tree of Life with all of his loved ones!!!

JPS

No comments: