14.12.07

Tax "do-over" and Agency

I agree that a person should "react", as doing such-a-thing is not being an agent and definitely not using your agency correctly (Joseph Fielding McConkie would go so far as to say that such an act is NOT even a true act of agency. It would just be a misuse of agency, as agency is choosing to act in accordance with the spirit and the commandments, and I tend to agree with him [though I don't want to offend someone for "being too picky..."]).

So, let me lay out the decision (though it has already been made and this discussion is solely retroactive and for YOUR sake...): I willingly and almost insisted on taking the brunt of the financial load when getting divorced. I just knew that a complete and total separation was needed as soon as possible... In such a decision, I offered to take care of all of the debt in return for keeping all my paycheck. I also allowed her, under-the-table, to take the my disability check (and to tell the truth, it didn't last all that long before they [Hartford Insurance] said I earned too much anyway...) with the understanding that some day I would also get all of that check.

Now, though, I learned that no allowance was made for the paying of taxes with regard to the income and the write-offs.

Come to find out, you can send in a "correction" to your initial tax-return for years and I plan on doing just that.

Hence my question on "revenge"... Is it being vengeful or not? I think not and 2 Nephi 9:17 says "O the greatness and the justice of our God! For he executeth all his words, and they have gone forth out of his mouth, and his law must be fulfilled."

I don't even think of myself as God, but just a god-in-embryo and try to do only those things that God would be pleased with...

JPS

No comments: