12.12.07

Happy Moments from Following the Spirit!


I don't want to start listing all of the times that my day has turned around and become a great day because I chose to follow a different path and follow the Spirit (nor could I come up with such as list...), but Monday was one of those days!

Monday was the day of my Final at UVSC in Abnormal Psychology (preparing me for a Master’s Degree in Counseling from University of Phoenix—got an ‘A’ at UVSC as well as a 4.0 GPA at UofP!), and so I had most of the morning off and had headed down to school to take the test. I arrived in PLNT of time and went in to take the test with not as much as a worry on my mind. I took the test (and got by with a little help from my friends...) and went up to the main floor.

A girl that I had met at Gold's Gym was there and we talked for a bit. She wanted to tell me something and so we went into an empty room. She confided in me that she was thinking of moving out of her house, because her dad's rules and expectations were "weighing her down". Turns out, as I could tell already from her talking, that she basically had renounced the church, her testimony, and anything that tries to tell her how to act.

I listened to her and then bore my testimony to her and tried to give her a copy of Dr. C. Terry Warner's book ("Bonds that Make Us Free") hoping that maybe that could turn her around...

Finally, I simply gave her a hug, wished her luck, and left.

While walking out of the room and towards the Eating Court", why, who did I "happen to run into" in the hallway? (I'm not saying at all that it was intentional, but just a happy coincidence...) but Teresa's Aunt Lynne (who she has lived with for a year before leaving on her mission...).

We talked for a while and talked about further communications in the future to find out more about Teresa, etc.

When I left I was so excited about the whole encounter and was glad that I had left that room with Bonnie (my foundering Gym-friend) and left the room right then. I had dropped off a XMas present to her the week before, but hadn't seen her as I just left it with her secretary-of-sorts, Kudji. I don't want to bother Teresa's family with my possibly-intrusive wants and desires to be closer to Teresa, and thus, had planned to not try and visit Lynne during the time that I would be at school for finals.

I could cause some serious damage if I let my curiosity/over-aggressive wants to be closer to Teresa, even though she's in need of peace and quiet and the last thing she needs is my ego/almost uncontrolable passion barging into her serene and peaceful spiritual experience. It's hard not to do all I want for her and because of her...

I would say to "Wish me luck" with this too, but I didn't do as well as I would have liked on my final and I don't want your "luck"-wishing to do any actual damage to my life...

JPS

1 comment:

Matt said...

Wow. Sounds like a couple of great encounters. That feels nice doesn't it, especially during Christmas time.