2.1.18

Where is his honor?


God has it, Satan wants it...  

How does Satan have “power” but by honor?

The Lord told Moses, that Satan said, talking to God the Father, Satan said, "And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore five me thine honor."


Also, in the Doctrine & Covenants, we read in section 29; verse 36:
And it came to pass that Adam, being tempted of the devil—for, behold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency;


Again, in the Doctrine & Covenants section 124, verse 55, we read, 
  • "And again, verily I say unto you, I command you again to build a house to my name, even in this place, that you may prove yourselves unto me that ye are faithful in all things whatsoever I command you, that I may bless you, and crown you with honor, immortality, and eternal life."
  • So, what does Honor mean?
    The dictionary says that honor means: high respect; esteem.
    Those and that which has been created by God respect and esteem Him.  They are His creation and the workmanship of His hand.
    What kind of power is derived from honor?
    Those who honor God, delight to follow, obey, and serve Him and those who do, are thus able to share in His infinite power--priesthood power (based on their worthiness and to the degree that their will aligns with God's).
    So, what kind of honor does Satan have?
    Short answer: after this life, he will have none for he has not followed, honored, or obeyed God the Father nor His Son.
    But, why does he have power here on Earth now?   Well, I'm not positive why, but my educated guess would be to say that even Satan is honored by the third of the host of heaven, as said in verse 29 of section 36.  He receives honor from them and for all those who obey him living on this Earth.
    His power, is also curbed by the divine commands from God and any of God's children who call-down the power of God to stop, thwart, banish, etc. him or his powers.
    JPS

No comments: