6.7.18

Slothful Servant?


The Book of Omni, in the Book of Mormon, verse 10 & 11 say:

“10 Behold, I, Abinadom, am the son of Chemish. Behold, it came to pass that I saw much war and contention between my people, the Nephites, and the Lamanites; and I, with my own sword, have taken the lives of many of the Lamanites in the defence of my brethren.
11 And behold, the record of this people is engraven upon plates which is had by the kings, according to the generations; and I know of no revelation save that which has been written, neither prophecy; wherefore, that which is sufficient is written. And I make an end.”

Is this evidence of being a slothful servant?  If you know of no revelation but those that have already been written, shouldn't you search for another?  Shouldn't you try to get as much truth as you can?  God is not going to stay his hand and not answer if one of his children asks Him a question...  is He going to give his child a serpent when a fish is what was asked for?

Guess I’m no better, really, at keeping a personal journal...

JPS

No comments: