29.12.17

The Prayer of Faith


In the Book of Enos, in the Book of Mormon, in the thirteenth verse, it reads, “And now behold, this was the desire which I desired of him--that if it should so be, that my people, the Nephites, should fall into transgression, and by any means be destroyed, and the Lamanites should not be destroyed, that the Lord God would preserve a record of my people, the Nephites; even if it so be by the power of his holy arm, that it might be brought forth at some future day unto the Lamanites, that, perhaps, they might be brought unto salvation--“.  And now, of course, we have seen the promised blessings come to pass, as the work of salvation has blossomed like the rose with those descendants.

My thought was that I wish or hope to be able to pray and ask for things that come to pass, literally.  Even though Enos never saw the fruition of his work or his faith, he saw it happen with an eye of faith!

Let my prayers work so well and let them be ever as faithful!

JPS

No comments: