13.5.16

You gotta have faith... Just gotta have faith...


Why is it that we, as human beings and more importantly, we, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ (unless you are not a member of the LDS church, but you are still, at least, a human being [and so this applies to you just the same...]), hear the prophets say something or give us a promise--like Moses prophesying to Pharaoh, "free my people or all of the first born of Egypt will die"--and we still doubt it, still continue on doing what we were doing before, still are naysayers, or even admitting that we know we shouldn't but keep doing it anyway?  Why don't we always do what is right when we have been asked to do it?

Why can't we liken the scriptures to ourselves, as Isaiah and Nephi tell us to?  Why can't we put ourselves in someone's shoes and trust that our outcome will be the same or similar to other people's?

When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, why can't we hear what Our Lord and God is telling us, and believe Him?

Why do I feel like Alma when he wishes that he were an angel in Alma chapter 29?  Am I sinning in my wish?  I am content with the things given to me...really...I am!

JPS

No comments: