13.4.08

O' to pass out of this life...

I just got back from the ONLY funeral viewing that I've ever been to (besides my grandpa's--when I was 16). In fact, the only place I remember seeing him was in my grandma and grandpa's wardhouse...

I guess I would feel somewhat different if I actually knew the person in life, but it seemed to me that the eternally resting body basically looks like a wax statue.

Also, I guess that I knew this, but it was odd to see her dressed in the robes of the Holy Priesthood. I know that's how people are to be buried, but it still seems unusual to see that out-of-the-temple-itself...

I know that President Monson enjoys the cemetaries of the world, and going there could remind you of loftier things, but I would prefer an evening with those, in life, that I enjoy and love most... I suppose that President Monson would as well!

I suppose that I just do-not-have the fear of death running through me. That IS a good thing (to not have).

In all actuality, I hope to never bury anyone close of in my family, but hope we'll all join each other, united, in the clouds during the "twinkeling" of the resurrection. Is that so wrong?

JPS